5 TIPS TO LOSE 5 POUNDS IN 7 DAYS
I believe we all love the feeling of accomplishment. Why, because the majority of the time they don't come easy. The journey to every accomplishment started with us having a vision and making a decision to commit to that goal. Most things worth having, won't be a piece of cake. No point intended. Here are a few ways to get in the right mindset.
- Have a positive accountability partner.
- Set your short and long term goals (they must be reasonable but also make you excited to achieve them)
- Must have daily motivation.
Increased Water Intake
Most people never turn to water when it comes to weight loss. They think of water as something we must do to stay hydrated. Even still, most people do not properly hydrate. Most people drink water when they are thirsty and by that time they are already dehydrated. Increasing your water intake not only has weight loss benefits but it also has several other eye opening health benefits in general. Below are some of those benefits.
- Most people wonder why they are not clicking on all cylinders during their day. Being properly hydrated combats daily fatigue. Water is one of the most important sources of energy and cellular restoration, allowing us to sleep well, recovery, and having ample energy.
- A well-hydrated body simply purges toxins and metabolic wastes better.
- Water can reduce and help you avoid high cholesterol. When the body hasn’t had enough water, it will start to produce more cholesterol so that cells can still function properly.
When it comes to having successful weight loss, it is imperative that you avoid sugar. If you're one of those people that can't stand when people tell you something but don't explain why, don't worry. This is a very serious subject so I will be sure to explain why sugar not only affects your weight loss but also has several negative effects on your body.
- My first reason why you must avoid sugar is due to the lack of nutrition. In other words, foods that have a lot of sugar have a ton of empty calories.
- Eating a lot of added sugar (fructose) can cause deposition of fat in the liver and lead to Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Which will lead to several metabolic diseases.
- Excess sugar consumption has been associated with many serious diseases, including obesity, type II diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Sleep Is Good
Most people have this perception that you must work your ass off and sleep is for the weak. I'm here to tell you that, that is a bunch of garbage. Have you noticed that when you don't get an adequate amount of rest, your energy level is very low and you find yourself more hungry throughout the day? Well, there is a reason for the rest your body MUST receive on a daily bases. Not only does a lack of sleep cause you to struggle with healthy weight loss, it also has several risk factors. Sleeping definitely has it's benefits also. Below are some factors you definitely want to consider on your weight loss journey.
- Short sleep duration is one of the biggest risk factors for obesity. Those who have a short duration of sleep, weigh significantly more than people that get an adequate amount of sleep(1).
- Lack of sleep can impair your immune system but also your brain function including memory, focus and productivity.
- Sleeping gives your body the chance to rehabilitate and allow your body and metabolism to perform optimally on a daily basis.
Although you can lose weight with the proper eating regimen, i'm sure you wouldn't be against accelerating the process. I'f you're not doing any exercise lets start you with 20-30 minutes of moderate cardio 5 - 6 days a week. Make know mistake, cardio should still feel like a workout. It shouldn't be easy. If you are already doing cardio, lets mix in some HIIT (high intensity interval training) 2-3 days a week. When it comes to weight lifting, start doing 30-60 second burn outs, circuit training, and super sets.
**Eat with organization **
If you're still reading, these last few sentences can be life changing for you. Most people live with a work schedule and if they have children or a pet, they also have a schedule to take of them. If you want to loss weight, i'm here to tell you that you must eat with a scheduled plan.
First and foremost, you should eat 4-6 meals daily. Plan the times you will be eating. Each meal should be 2-3 hours apart. Next look online for a calorie counter to understand how many calories you must consume to lose weight. After that, make a grocery list of proteins, fats, complex carbs and veggies. Beware of processed foods, dairy and sugar. Eat your complex carbs for breakfast and before and/or directly after your workout. The rest of your meals are protein and veggies.
If you want measurable results, you must have the measuring tools to measure your food. Be sure to buy a food scale to weight the ounces and grams of your food (proteins, carbs, fats) for each meal. Get a measuring cup to measure your quinoa, oats, rice, etc. The last tools you need are, meal prep containers.
I can't explain to you how golden all of this information is. I look forward to you writing and telling me about your success.
If you like this blog, like this blog and be sure to share with someone that needs some help losing weight.
Do you want to lose 15 to 30 pounds over the next 12 weeks? If so, we can help. I'm going to place a link below for you to fill us in on your specific goals.